Social Media Day is an annual celebration that recognizes the way social media and technology has impacted and enriched our world. From connecting with friends to collaborating with coworkers, social media has become ubiquitous in our everyday lives and, indeed, in the way we learn and do business.
The Social Media Day initiative was first launched by Mashable in 2010 as a way for people who interact online to come together offline and share ideas and camaraderie IRL – in real life.
In Wichita, Social Media Day has historically been a mostly social affair, usually spearheaded by Digital Wichita and Wichitweeps. We’ve gone bowling, had potlucks, wined and dined at local social media-friendly establishments.
To celebrate our ninth annual Social Media Day, we are bringing you our biggest event yet with six internationally known speakers who will discuss critical topics like:
- The Fun Formula: How Creativity, Risk-Taking and Serendipity Can Revolutionize the Way You Work – by Joel Comm
- How to Get Measurable Facebook Ads Results for a Dollar a Day – by Dennis Yu
- Vlogging Secrets from the Best Storytellers on YouTube – by Amy Landino
- How to Increase Brand Engagement on Instagram and Snapchat – by Chris Strub
- Limitations Inspire Creativity: How Social Media Algorithm Changes Create Opportunity – by Brian Fanzo
- Emerging Technologies, Trends. and internet 3.0 with Travis Wright
Social Media Day Wichita is presented by Digital Wichita, a loosely-knit group of local social media aficionados who have been meeting monthly since 2010. As a not for profit organization, Digital Wichita is charging entry for this event solely to cover production costs.
We hope to see you at #SMDayICT!